“The Lord's tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ” - Elder David A. Bednar

Monday, April 25, 2011

Not Too Far From Home

I recently moved about 1,000 miles away from my family and friends. For the most part, it's been great! My husband and I love where we're at and we've met some great people here too. But some days are harder than others.

On one of those days I was having a rough time. I was missing my friends a lot and feeling like we hadn't met very many people here yet. I was talking to my husband about how I was feeling. At that exact moment he got a text from a ward member asking if we had plans that night and if not, did we want to come over?

Such a small thing, but I felt like at that moment God knew who I was and He knew what I was going through. We have been blessed to have such great ward members who have reached out to us and made us feel welcome here!

story submitted by
Heather A.
Le Mars, Iowa

No comments:

Post a Comment