“The Lord's tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ” - Elder David A. Bednar

Friday, May 13, 2011

The Little Miracles

I had made my 2 cute sister-in-law’s vow to buy red shoes before the end of the year 2011, this was December 2010. A silly goal, but nonetheless important for any young single lady.

I just so happened to take one of my s-i-l to the DI...and would you believe it? Red heels, her exact size...$3.

The next week I just happened to be browsing DSW and found some really awesome heels that looked just like the ones I pictured for my other s-i-l. So I had her check them out online. They were $40, but totally worth it—right?

She had to work the next day, so she gave me two twenties and I ran to DSW to buy them for her. When I got to the register...they said they were 40% off, plus with some other random discount, and I had a $5 gift card...so they were only $14.

They both wore their new heels to a fancy Christmas party that same month! It’s the little miracles in life isn’t it?

story submitted by
Natalie S.
Farmington, Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment