“The Lord's tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ” - Elder David A. Bednar

Monday, May 2, 2011

A Thrift Gift

A few summers ago, my son was in desperate need of sandals.

We had just shut down our business and I just couldn’t justify spending money on sandals that would only last him a few short months.

I prayed and then went to the DI (a local thrift store).

As I walked to the shoe aisle, I noticed there were only 3 pairs of boys’ sandals all in a row together. I thought to myself {what are the chances that one of those is a size 12?} Sure enough!

The Lord had answered my prayer with a $2 price tag! They were Columbia sandals and they looked great all summer!

story submitted by
Natalie S.
Farmington, Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment