“The Lord's tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ” - Elder David A. Bednar

Monday, May 9, 2011

A Small Price Tag

I grew up very poor. So after graduation I completely set off on my own and was financially independent in every way. Three years later when my handsome husband returned from his mission I knew it was only a matter of time before we got engaged (although he hadn't figured it out yet).

Knowing that I would be paying for my wedding by myself I was always on the lookout. One day I was window shopping downtown and saw a "bridal gown clearance" sale sign. So, like any girl - I had to look!

Not expecting to find or buy anything that day I perused the racks. Stuffed in between a wall of other dresses was my 99 dollar gown. My style. My size. Huge puffy skirt. Loved it! Especially for that price tag. And since it was the only one left I couldn't leave it.

So I gratefully bought it - knowing that the Lord had blessed me that day. A huge weight had been lifted off of my shoulders for a small price tag. A miracle for a poor working college girl with a wedding on the horizon.

story submitted by
Barbara S.
Kaysville, Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment