“The Lord's tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ” - Elder David A. Bednar

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Other Angels

My mom died a week before I turned 17, my junior year of high school. Although it was a difficult time, and to this day is something I think regularly of, the Lord blessed me.

A dear friend and member of the bishopric, Brother Brady, gave me a blessing. In it, I was promised that I would not miss out on the blessings that having a mom around bring...that there would be others that would fill the needs of my mother{not replace}.

Well, a year passed and I was engaged! I was thrilled, but I thought again of my talented mother. She would have been able to sew bridesmaids dresses, make the wedding cake and help me plan a glorious wedding...and I am cheap--frugal, so I didn’t want to pay exurbanite amounts for this either!

Well, my future mother-in-law was a seamstress, and sewed 6 beautiful bridesmaids dresses.

My cousin saw me at a family get-together and asked if there was anything she could do to help. I jokingly said, “can you make my cake?” She smiled and said “yes—I would love to, I am making Becky’s {my other cousin} too”.

My wedding was beautiful...and the weather was PERFECT {that’s where my mom really helped out}!

There have been innumerable times in my adult life that I have missed my mom being “here”...but equally the amount of times that I have been blessed and touched by other angels.

story submitted by
Natalie S.
Farmington, Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment