“The Lord's tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ” - Elder David A. Bednar

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Two Dollar Halloween

When I was young my mom was a single mom trying to make ends meet for her two little girls. Halloween rolled around and my mom had to come up with some creative ideas on how to make our Halloween costumes for our dress up day at school and trick-or-treating. She had very, very little money - about $2 and some change she could use to buy fabric to make our costumes.

She stepped into the fabric store where she walked up to two sales ladies in the entry way and asked "what fabric can I buy with this amount of money? I'm wanting to make costumes for my two girls".

The kind sales ladies having compassion on my sweet mom showed her some fabric that would work well for princess costumes, accepted her money, and gave her probably three times more fabric than they should have.

My mom made my sister and I beautiful costumes that year! I was Sleeping Beauty and my sister Michele was Minnie Mouse. We love those costumes the most to this day. :) I even wore mine in my second grade picture. hahaha. A Forever Memory.

Heavenly Father knows what's important to us and truly blesses us with our needs as well as our wants. He loves us. And those small things that are important to us are important to Him.

story submitted by
Brooke W.
Kaysville, UT

No comments:

Post a Comment